Thursday, October 23, 2014

Random realizations and my new favorite drink

You can learn a lot about yourself when you stop going through the motions and pay more attention to what you're doing (something I've been working on lately)

I recently discovered that I get bored too easily while running without my Garmin. Does anyone else have this problem? Post-marathon I ran without it for a couple weeks, and really did no race-specific workouts. It was a welcomed break, but then I started to get bored.   I honestly thought that after this last race that I would want (and need) a little break from any sort of training.  Even though I'm not technically training for anything right now, turns out I DO need some race-specific workouts in my life.  I'm actually looking forward to doing more speed work soon (never thought I'd say THAT!) 


I have also recently discovered that I actually do love RPM and spinning.  Any friends who know me well know that was NOT always the case. I love jumping and moving, and I really do love plyometrics.  When I'm on a bike, I have a hard time motivating myself, so if I try and get a workout by myself on a stationary bike, it's a BIG struggle.  I need to work on that.  However, in a class setting, with awesome instructors, I actually really really really like the bike.  I'm not sure what clicked, but I guess I just decided to embrace it and I really love being able to get a hardcore cardio workout without any impact.  My ankles love that :)


This....



Have you ever mixed hot chocolate and coffee?? Seriously, you need to try this.  My new favorite combo!!!!


This article (not a new realization, I just think it's really important)-10 Reasons Why Runners Should Include Weight Training.  I like the explanations it gives, and I'm all for anything that helps me run faster and prevent injuries :) Although weight training has not always been my favorite activity, I've learned to "love" it over the years, and it's just part of my weekly workouts.  I weight train 3-4 times a week (both Body Pump and weight room weight training) and do core training 3 times/week.  Since our core is the foundation for all our body movements, it just makes sense that having a strong core will help us hold good form as we get tired.  


This thought to leave you with....:)



What is your favorite to do for weight training?
Favorite fall recipes?-I need some new ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment