Thursday, October 16, 2014

New goals


Looking at this next year and planning out my races, I’m trying to decide which ones will be run just for fun, and which ones will be aiming for a PR.  I personally need to have a mix of both, so that I stay on top of my training, but can also run more laid back races with no pressure ;) My goals for this next year:

  • 1:35 half marathon (really anything under 1:40 would be fine-it’s been awhile since I’ve pushed the pace in a half). 
  • Break 20 minutes in the 5K (It depends on the course I choose)
  • 3:30 full marathon

It should be a fun year!!

One of the things I really love about running is that we all have different reasons for running, and different goals that are all equally important.  You can take 10 people who are about to run their first half marathon, and they all have reasons why it is important to them, and what it took for them to get there.  Some have a time goal in mind, some just want to get across that finish line…and I LOVE hearing everyone’s stories….so….feel free to share your story and why you run or workout!!!


On another note…has anyone read this book??….



It was a freebie in the “goodie bags” from St. George, and I plan on starting it tonight! 


How is your week going?
What are your current running goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment