Friday, October 10, 2014

Peanut butter quesadillas and cross training

I just needed to share this fantastic meal with the world.  I’ve been into these lately-if you like peanut butter and you like bananas, then you NEED to try these!!  I made one for dinner last night (one of my favorite “breakfasts for dinner” ) SO quick and easy to make:

All you need is:

Tortillas
Peanut butter
Honey
Cinnamon
Banana
Skillet and cooking spray

Spread peanut butter on half of the tortilla, then drizzle some honey on top of it and spread it all together.  Next, sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the pb (this wasn’t part of the original recipe, I added it because I think it tastes good!).  Slice a banana (not too thick) and make one layer of banana slices on top of the peanut butter.  Fold over the tortilla, and heat on a skillet just until it browns on both sides.  The bananas get softer and the pb starts to melt and it is DIVINE!!



I got in a nice run this morning-a nice, Garmin-less run, and it felt great.  I can’t wait to pick back up with my base mileage.  I’ll keep it easy for another week before I mix it up again.  I was happy that my legs felt good during today’s run.  After my last marathon, my first few runs post-race felt weaker, you know, when your legs feel strong, but when you start running the muscle fibers feel weak.  It’s a feeling I only feel after marathons.  This time though (probably since I gave my legs a couple more days off) that didn't happen.   I wasn't going to run another race until January, but I almost forgot about the Gilbert Half Marathon next month-it’s a brand new race (it used to be the Shun the Sun Race) and I can’t wait to run through the streets of Gilbert!!  I love small local races…it should be fun!!

Another thing I’m excited about….



Cross training!  I cut this ^^^ out, along with most of my other cross training during my taper (I kept weight training up until the Monday before the race).  I am a STRONG believer in cross training.…group fitness/weight training/HIIT….and the effect they have on overall fitness and running.  I’ll write a whole other post on that because I have lots of reasons!!!  Haven’t done GRIT ( a Les Mills HIIT program) in a couple weeks now and I’m busting at the seams!!  I’m certified to teach it, so I have lots of releases that I do at home a couple times a week.  There are 3 different formats for GRIT- a cardio version, a strength version, and a plyometric version…all are 30 minute long, boot camp style high interval training. Check it out!!!... http://www.lesmills.com/workouts/high-intensity-interval-training/


Have a safe Friday night!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment