Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Post-marathon and race planning


A few days post-race and my legs are feeling pretty good overall!  I was sore for a couple days, actually more tight than sore. Some Epsom salt baths and stretching seemed to do the trick.  That’s one thing I REALLY need to work on.  If anyone has any ways they make themselves remember to stretch, I want to hear them! How long do you stretch for??  I need to make it an actual part of my workout.   

My toes did actually hurt A LOT more than my legs.  I had some pretty gnarly blood blisters from this one, and once I drained them (actually not painful at all-it felt fantastic) they felt soooo much better.  I will spare you pictures, and just say that they do not feel nor look pretty. 

I like the idea of a reverse taper after a marathon to build back up mileage to my base.  As much as I just want to run, marathons are HARD on the body, and these muscles that worked hard need time to repair.  Easy effort runs and cross training for a couple weeks it shall be!

I’m planning out my races for this next year and I’m thinking of running the Phoenix Marathon at the end of February.  That’s just over 20 weeks away.  Have you seen that course layout???  Fast and smooth-another great Boston Qualifier.  There was exactly 4 months between the San Diego Rock N’ Roll Marathon, and St. George.  The Phoenix Marathon is almost 5 months from now....so maybe that one, then St. George again (since it’s awesome and since I won a free entry for next year!)….then Boston ;)  
What are your favorite half marathons?  I like the Rock N’ Roll Phoenix half-easy PR course, so maybe that one in January.  Lots of things to think about!!


I’ve been sporting this sweatshirt all week.  I’m surprised I haven’t spilled on it yet.






Random-I made these hot chocolate snowmen from a pinterest link last Christmas.  I made a ton of them, and had a bunch of leftovers.  They’ve become kitchen fixtures at this point.  You know how when something is in one place for long enough, you kind of forget about it….you see it, but you really don’t pay attention to it….yeah, that.  I’m willing to put money on these marshmallows being suuuuper stale.   




Found these at Whole Foods tonight-umm yum??!!!!  Nut butters of all kinds are amazing.  I bought the macadamia one, the walnut one, and the cashew one.  I’ve never tried macadamia butter…




That's all for tonight...;)  What upcoming races are you running?  What's your favorite distance to run?


2 comments:

  1. I've seen those nut butters but haven't dared try them. Please let us all know what you think. Congrats on your great marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I haven't tried them yet, but I'll update when I do ;)

      Delete