Saturday, November 8, 2014

Fun Running Questions


Okay, I am way overdue for a post.  Time just sort of got away from me!  I love to write and I really should be more on top of that J

As runners, we often get asked questions about running, so for tonight, a quick post about questions I’ve been asked lately, because, for whatever reason, these questions have been asked a lot!! 


What are you training for now?
            A lot of times people think that if I am regularly running, then I’m training for something, which is NOT the case :)    Right now, I’m not training for anything…just trying to maintain my base.  I won’t train again until it’s time to get ready for the Phoenix Marathon.

Did you win your race?
            No…but also yes.  I’m pretty certain that I will never win a marathon, and I am 100% okay with that.  Finishing a race is a win though.  First or last, if you set out to cross that finish line, you win when you cross.

How far was that marathon?
            26.2.  They are all 26.2.  I realize that for someone who is not well versed in the running world, this may not be common knowledge…but they are all 26.2….except in San Diego where I ran closer to 26.8 because clearly I did not do a great job with running the tangents ;)

How many miles a day do you run?
            Depends on the day.  It’s never the same day to day. Some days maybe only 5, some days maybe 20…it’s easier to answer by saying that I run 50-ish a week when not training, give or take a few miles.

Don’t you get bored?
            Usually no.  I try to mix up my workouts often, and listen to good music…that helps a lot.  Sometimes though, it’s just one of those days and the run feels long and boring, but completing it feels much better than staying in bed and dragging all day.


Right now my goals are to pretty much maintain my running base while playing around with some training workouts to keep things fresh, not get hurt, continue cross training (including weight training 3-4 times/week), break 20 minutes in the 5K for a new PR, and make more of an effort to try new recipes.

What are your favorite fall recipes?

What kinds of running questions do you get asked??

No comments:

Post a Comment