Monday, September 15, 2014

Oh Monday


Since I just turned 30, I figured that was a good place to start for my first post J  Lots of fun adventures ahead in this new decade, and I kind of can’t wait!
This whole past weekend I celebrated my birthday.  Saturday night my family took me to dinner at Chili’s, where the staff kindly sang “Happy 21st Birthday” to me, and gave me a free ice cream sundae in a margarita glass.  It was delicious.



 On Sunday I went to lunch with my sister, and when I got home, the house was covered in these…..


In the fridge, in the bathroom, you name it!  My family is the best and they are no strangers to making people feel special!  My weekend went like this: family, friends, food, more food, cake, too much cake, and lots of laughs.  I love birthdays.


Now onto part 2….
My biggest race yet is coming up in about 3 weeks!!  I am aiming to qualify for the Boston Marathon during this race, which means finishing in under 3:35.  3 weeks away means now I’m in taper mode….sometimes that’s harder than the training!  This week I don’t reduce my mileage by too much, and am still doing interval training, so I haven’t lost my mind quite yet ;) Longest runs are behind me, and now I just have to not get hurt and not get sick! 
On Mondays I usually run intervals or hills.  Today was an interval day, but 1 mile less than normal.  Today’s target was 6:45 mile repeats, and they felt strong!  After resetting my Garmin, it was nice to have this data!




 I hope you are having a good Monday too!!  
Anyone else training for a race??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment