Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hurricane And Cross Train


Running in the rain is one of my favorite things to do…and this morning was perfect!!  Drizzly, pure, refreshing rain, and I was really bummed about tapering because I would have LOVED to just keep running.

Arizona is preparing for Tropical Storm Odile (weird, right?) Arizona and hurricane aren't supposed to be in the same sentence.  We are already in a state of emergency and the rain really hasn’t started yet.  Among many other precautions, the fire departments are handing out sandbags in case of flooding.  Hopefully it won't be too bad!
You can never be too prepared…




All of my runs are followed by some sort of cross training or stretching, so after my rainy run this morning I did some core work, complete with this fun stuff….



I love CXWORX, and it works!  It’s a Les Mills class that is a half hour of core training, and it’s tough.  I am certified to teach it, but very rarely do, so I do it at home a few times a week as part of my cross training.



I got an email today from the St. George Marathon…..ahhhhh 17 days!!!!!  It's close enough now for a countdown :)  To say that I CAN’T WAIT is an understatement!!!!





This week I'll write a post about a bunch of my "favorites" when it comes to running and fitness and food.  I get asked often, so if you're curious, stay tuned...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment