Monday, September 15, 2014

About Me


Welcome to my blog! My name is Jen, and I’m a 30 year old health coach, group fitness instructor, runner, peanut butter lover, and auntie to two very sweet children, and this is a bit about me and my life! 

I really really love to run, and lots of you have been following me on Facebook in my quest to qualify for the Boston Marathon and set a 3:30 PR.

I’ve been toying around with the idea of starting a blog for awhile now, and I figured turning 30 was a good starting point J  Since I love family, all things fitness, and all things food, that’s what you will hear a lot about, and I hope you enjoy it!!

 I wasn’t always a runner.  Actually, I used to HATE running.  I was a dancer-I performed and competed in the dance industry from the time I could walk, up until age 17 when I got hurt.  My dance career ended in a split second, but I was unwilling to stop there.  That’s when I started running.  People always said “what a good calorie burner running is,” so I started running, and hated every second of it.  I made myself run “to stay in shape,” and over did it many times.  Then…I got hurt again.  Not being able to run made me realize how much I craved a run, how much I missed something I thought I hated.  Turns out, once I stopped taking my body for granted, I really enjoyed a good run.  The busier my life got, the more I needed a good run to clear my mind, and the more my passion for running grew.  My best life decisions are made out on the roads-somehow a good run can make decisions that much more clear! 

My first race was a 5K Race for the Cure in 2007, and I was hooked!  I ran in support for my grandma, and even though it was a smaller race, the energy and adrenaline of the experience made me NEED more of that in my life!!  I’ve run tons of races from 5Ks to marathons between then and now, and my favorite distance is the half marathon. 

I teach group fitness as well, because working out with a room full of friends is just plain fun!!  For those of you familiar with Les Mills classes, I teach BodyAttack, BodyPump, GRIT, and CXWORX.  If you haven’t heard of them, you can check it out here: www.lesmills.com


No comments:

Post a Comment